Sunday, June 17, 2007

Streets At Southpoint




Living just 3 1/2 minutes from a major shopping mall is a wonderful thing! From my perspective, what's better than the option of finding my signature lipstick color, the perfect Margarita mix, updated cabinet hardware, highlights for my hair and Dulce le Leche ice cream all in the same location.

I found my way to the mall yesterday with two items in mind. My favorite Verbena Body Salt Scrub from L'Occitane En Provence and grilling sauce from William-Sonoma. My plan was to make these purchases and leave immediately. Contrary to this notion of a dash-in/dash-out approach, the lure of the sun and rushing sounds of the water fountains just outside landed me walking down Southpoint's Main Street. Before long I had swaggered in and out of Pottery Barn and through an endless swarm of leisurely travellers just like me. Whether I planned on it or not, I was destined to be entertained at the Streets of Soutpoint. One-half hour later, I was placing a dollar in the tip jar for the juggler and heading further towards the movie theatre. The mellow sounds of live jazz music filled the air from that direction. The band was amazing. No less than the sounds I have paid dearly to hear in well noted jazz clubs. OK, so I got a little distracted. Honestly, I needed a little down time and what can I say, this place has just the right buzz! The Streets at Southpoint is a great Durham destination for shopping, dining, people watching and summer entertainment. All roads leads to The Streets at Southpoint! http://www.streetsatsouthpoint.com/

No comments: